Tuesday, June 5

Stretching is not just for your body

Team #2 is here, a high school group from good 'ole Alabama. Not only is God working thru them, but He is working in them. Both prayer walking teams i've had have been great, with students who are being pulled out of their shells and laboring on behalf of the lost people in Clarkston and abroad. Last night, i sat with some Sudanese women and watched as 40+ kids sat still for more 3 seconds, captivated by the story of creation.

This team has been open and near fearless in meeting new people, trying new foods and all around being super flexible. Flexibility is necessary to mission work, especially with internationals.

God has been stretching me, too. Flexibilty is something i learn every trip to Clarkston. I'm learning to lay myself down in order to fulfill my committment to my God and my team. I'm learning how to discern the difference between giving 110% and not resting enough, both spiritually & physically. I struggle to find alone time to be still & quiet. My mind is racing with "What's next?" and "Am i prepared?" I long for stillness that lasts, but sadly that's hard to come by.

"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in all the earth." Psalm 46:10

No comments: