Wednesday, January 16

the story behind iamnot...

If you'll notice, under my favorite books is i am not but i know I AM by: Louie Giglio.

If you want to fully embrace the idea of my name, yes iamnot is my name, i recommend that you stop reading this blog right now, run to Barnes & Noble, and grab a copy of the book.

But for the SparkNotes version, continue reading.

While tending to his father-in-law's heard, Moses found a burning bush on Mount Horeb, the mountain of God. A burning bush that wasn't being consumed by the fire. God appeared to Moses from within the bush, telling Moses to go tell Pharaoh to let His people go. Moses asked God what he should say if Pharaoh asked him who had sent him there. God's response: "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

To understand the rest, we have to agree on two things:
1. God's name is I AM .
AND,
2. neither you, me, or anyone else in the universe is God.

God= IAM.
everyone & everything else: iamnot

If God IS, then we are not.

No comments: